Information collection and use
- To analyze usage and improve the Service;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications regarding the Service;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- To analyze usage and improve the Service;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity;
- To third-party contractors that provide services for us and who are bound by these same privacy restrictions;
- To enforce the Terms of Service;
When you visit the Charles River Media Group Site, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on the Charles River Media Group Site. This information is collected whether or not you register and is not personally identifiable. Like many online services, we also use “cookies” to collect information. “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of data files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may set and access cookies on your computer to monitor usage history and to store your preferences and login information. Most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer,. However, if you choose to eliminate cookies, the functionality of the Service may be significantly impaired and it will not operate properly. We, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to collect certain usage information. Web beacons are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity.
We use the information we collect to provide, enhance, and improve the Service and the Charles River Media Group Site, to improve our design and functionality of the Service, to monitor and analyze the use of the Service, for the technical administration of the Service, to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of the Service, to better tailor the Service to your needs, to generate and derive useful data and information concerning the interests, characteristics and usage behavior of our users, to provide you with offers for products and services that are relevant to you, and to verify that our users meet the criteria required to access the Service.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to:
- Technical service partners who help to analyze use and performance of the Service.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Service partners who provide services such as web chat or email which you initiate through the Service;
- To designated authorities or to legal, accounting, and other professional service providers to investigate wrongdoing.
We use third party vendors or service providers to help us provide the Service to you, such as sending e-mail messages on our behalf or hosting, payment processing and operating a particular feature or functionality of the Service. Our contracts with these third parties outline the appropriate use and handling of your information and prohibit them from using any of your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to the product or service they’re providing. We require such third parties to maintain the confidentiality of the information we provide to them.
Disclosure of information in certain circumstances
We reserve the right to share or disclose your Personal Information when we reasonably determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- To prevent any activity we consider to be prohibited or illegal or damaging to our Service or other users;
- When required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena, or other legal process.
In addition, your Personal Information may be transferred to a third party as a result of an asset sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change of control or if we sell, merge or transfer any part of our business, part of the sale may include your Personal Information.
We take precautions — including technical, administrative, and physical measures — to safeguard your information. We also enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files.
The Service may contain links to other websites. As such, we do not endorse and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party websites. We exercise no control over how your information is stored, maintained or displayed by third parties or on third-party sites.
Our policy towards children
The Service is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. If you, as a parent or guardian, become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a user is under the age of 13 and has provided us with Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such information from our files.